Due to concerns about the spread of COVID-19, the City of Philadelphia announced that all nonessential businesses should close until at least March 27.
The following events have been cancelled with plans to reschedule at a later date:
- Youth Chamber Music Showcase (Fall Reschedule)
- Spring Bus Trip (Reschedule)
- German Script Workshop (Reschedule)
- Phillip Stetzel Lecture (Reschedule)
In accordance with these instructions, the German Society is cancelling the following events:
- Friday Film Fest: Der Vorname (March 20)
- Library Transcription Group (March 17 and 24)
- Hamburger Abend (April 4)
- Wister & More: Duo Parisienne (April 19)
All tickets that have already been purchased for the Hamburger Abend, German Script Workshop and Spring Bus Trip will be refunded.
The decision to cancel other events after March 27 will be made when more information becomes available.
The health and safety of our members and guests is our top priority. As of right now, language classes will continue online. We are keeping a close eye on the information provided by the CDC, the WHO, and state and local governments, and we are prepared to make changes to upcoming events if needed. Determination about cancellations will be made on a case-by-case basis. Our building is currently closed to the public.
We encourage everyone to take seriously the recommendations issued by global health authorities in order to minimize the spread of the virus. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, practice social distancing and stay home if you can.