Women’s Auxiliary of the German Society of Pennsylvania
The Women’s Auxiliary (WAUX), formerly known as the Frauen Hilfsverein der Deutschen Gesellschaft, is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, which was founded on May 2, 1900.
Since its inception, the Women’s Auxiliary has focused on charitable deeds, the preservation of cultural values in the community, and support of the mission of The German Society of Pennsylvania.
enjoy the company of a vibrant group of women who have mastered combining business with fun…
- Meetings are monthly on Saturday mornings
- Annual Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Bazaar) and Luncheon
- Bus Trips to Museums, Gardens, and Historical Sites
- Production of a Women’s Auxiliary cookbook
are passionate about preserving the German-American culture and heritage…
- Scholarships awarded annually to students studying German
- Ongoing projects include GSP historic art and artifact restoration
- Participation in events of the German-American Community
support community assistance and charitable endeavors…
- Contributions to German-Americans in need as well as other charities
while also assisting the German Society of Pennsylvania in its mission...
- Coordination and execution for events such as
- Hamburger Abend, Movie Nights, and Classical Concerts
- Proceeds from many of the Auxiliary activities benefit the GSP
…then you may want to join us!
You may contact email@example.com for additional information
or refer to the German Society Calendar of Events for the next Auxiliary meeting.
Please know that you need not regularly attend meetings in order to participate
in the work of the Women’s Auxiliary. Many women with family or work obligations visit
us only from time to time and prefer participating in our events.